Step Up English Club was formed on November 16th, 2008, under the management of Faculty of Foreign Languages (FFL). Adviors of the club are Mr. Nguyen Trung Hieu and Ms. Hoang Trong Mai Suong, lecturers of FFL, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education. Step Up organizes weekly meetings for all students, including those majoring in English-related areas and other majors.
- Firstly, the club has been creating an effective English communication environment for all people by the methods which are diverse and constantly innovative to avoid boredom.
- Secondly, the Club aims to create an academic English environment (the content of each meeting will always include the simple communication questions and the complex questions based on the knowledge source from the IELTS speaking exams as well as give activities to sharpen the presentation skill, public-speaking skill, and the argument skills in English).
- Thirdly, Step Up is creating the environment to develop the translation skills for students whose majors are English translation and interpreting.
- Moreover, in addition to English skills, participants also have more chances to improve other skills such as teamwork, presentation, debate, critical thinking, etc.
- Regularly organizing weekly meetings with the diverse topics and methods such as discussing questions, debating, acting, playing English games, singing English songs.
- Organizing a number of special events such as making mid-autumn lanterns, interacting with international students, celebrating Halloween with a costume party, writing New Year's messages, etc.
- The most impressive program was the spelling contest called "SPELLING BEE", which was organized for all students in Ho Chi Minh City. Both times held in 2016 and 2017 had been eminently successful.
- Additionally, the club also organized picnics for club members to improve teamwork skills, English skills, and have more wonderful memories of student time.